half height below
Stripy Stars Surface Pattern Design
Stripy Stars Pattern
Origins Of Stripy Stars Pattern
Stripy Stars pattern is a development of my design called Stars. The design alternates rows and columns by making the blending mode of alternate elements Overlay. This gives the stripy effect. I have shown horizontal or vertical versions of the colours chosen.
From Splash to Stripy Stars…
- Design A – Splash – had gigantic shapes, far too large to use.
- Design B – Splash – is the simplest version with all the shapes white with a 50% opacity shadow. All the colouring is achieved by altering the colour of the background
- Design C – Splash – explores altering the colour of the splash element, using a solid white drop shadow.
- Design D – Stars – takes the splash shape apart. The flaps that would have been glued to the pyramid’s sides are all white. The central pentagon is darkened to 35% white and the sides of the pyramid sides are a lighter 50% white. Again all the colouring is achieved by altering the colour of the background.
- Design E – Stars – simplifies the design, making the elements look more as if they have been folded back, by darkening the flaps – giving a more 3D effect.
- Design F – Stripy Stars – The stripes are vertical.
- Design G – Stripy Stars – The stripes are horizontal
There are now 48 colours in my swatch library. For designs D and E all the colour comes from the background. Varying the opacity percentage of the star shape and the flaps has created the variations shown here.
Creating This Page
With so many colour combinations it would be impractical to show all of them. Here I have chosen a selection of combinations that I feel are interesting. Smaller screen sizes are designed to display less colour examples.