Vibrate Surface Pattern Design
Vibrate Pattern Design
Origins Of Vibrate Pattern Design
Vibrate is based on two simple reflected paths with a white blob between. The area around the dot is set to Lighten 10% white, which makes the design more three dimensional. The final touch is replacing the diamond with a slightly uneven circle shape in white. I envisaged this pattern to be simply printed, it would look amazing woven instead!
The colour of each design is achieved by altering the background colour. The colours have a reference from 100 to 163, where 100 = black and 110 is bright cyan.
Creating This Page
With so many colour combinations it would be impractical to show all of them. Here I have chosen a selection of combinations that I feel are interesting. Smaller screen sizes are designed to display less colour examples.
Buying My Designs
Products featuring my pattern designs are available to buy from my shops hosted by Spoonflower and Contrado. As well as fabrics by the metre, they can produce my designs in a range of home decor items including; tablecloths, bedding, cushions, wallpaper, cushions and wrapping paper / gift wrap.
Vibrate Pattern Development
- A – a white star between the paths. One is 80% black, the other 80% white.
- B – adds a panel between the paths. Printed Overlay 50% white, lightening the panel, creating a second colour.
- C – only two repeating paths. The darker path is black Overlay, the lighter path is simply white.
- D – adds a curvy white diamond.
- E – fatter white paths. A spot in white is added. Behind the spot is 10% white, making the design more 3D.