small screens below
Isometric Pattern Design
Isometric In The Diamonds Collection
Once I have a rough sketch of an idea, I work up the ideas in Adobe Illustrator. As the design progresses I duplicate the current version, then make changes to the duplicate. This way there are a series of ideas that can be re-visited later.
This pattern has been quite fruitful, generating five successful designs…
- Festival where the elements of the diamond shape have a distinct 1950s vibe.
- Ouch! looked like the spines of a cactus spines.
- Isometric looked like schematic drawings of a building hence its name.
- Diamonds is that I had first envisaged when I called the series Diamonds.
- Duplex staggers the diamond shape filling the space more.
Shades of White
I found using different percentages of white made the shapes appear more or less transparent. As if they were sheets of perspex or frosted glass.
The final design hides some of the panels too, making it hard to distinguish which way up the diamonds are. The design looks like a series of futuristic, exploded, Isometric, drawings of buildings. So I renamed the design Isometric.
I think it would also be wonderful to replace one of the white panels with shiny silver. Creating a glitzy Art Deco appearance useful for wallpapers in luxury homes or glamorous hotels.