Ouch! Pattern Design
Ouch! In The Diamonds Collection
Ouch! is the second design in the Diamonds Collection. Starting with simple pointed shapes – see Pattern Development below.
I decided to reduce the number of colours to simplify the number of combinations. The shadow is a darker version of the background. So effectively the design is just two colours.
Buying My Designs
Products featuring my pattern designs are available to buy from my shops hosted by Spoonflower and Contrado. As well as fabrics by the metre, they can produce my designs in a range of home decor items including; tablecloths, bedding, cushions, wallpaper, cushions and wrapping paper / gift wrap.
This pattern has been quite fruitful, generating five successful designs…
- Festival where the elements of the diamond shape have a distinct 1950s vibe.
- Ouch! looked like the spines of a cactus spines.
- Isometric looked like schematic drawings of a building hence its name.
- Diamonds is that I had first envisaged when I called the series Diamonds.
- Duplex staggers the diamond shape filling the space more.