small screens below
Deck Chairs Surface Pattern Design
Deck Chairs Pattern
Deck Chairs Pattern Design
Since my early pattern design of Mid Century Modern Chairs, I have been thinking of a new design with another chair. Simple British deck chairs and memories of summer holidays seemed ideal.
Deck Chairs Pattern Development
- A – first design using one deckchair in alternating directions.
- B – tighter design evoking Hokusai waves. But not much fun.
- C – a different deckchair tightly packed, but a bit boring.
- D – adding stick-on beach balls might make it more interesting?
- E – created variations of the two deckchairs then arranged them more naturally.
- F – adding the stick-on beachballs. Awkward spacing though.
- G – revised spacing feels more even and naturally random.
- H – re-colouring the blue deckchairs red is much more fun.
- J – showing both red and blue deckchairs. Changing the background to white makes it more useful for different applications.
All of the designs shown here are chosen from Deck Chairs designs G, H and J. Following the design code is a swatch reference number from 0 to 42, where 0 = white and 42 is bright yellow.
Creating This Page
With so many colour combinations it would be impractical to show all of them. Here I have chosen a selection of combinations that I feel are interesting. Smaller screen sizes are designed to display less colour examples.