Vases Pattern Development
During the first Covid 19 lockdown I shot a selection of my vases to use on a pattern design. I had intended to simplify the image to just two colours, but later found simple silhouettes were the most graphic. Each silhouette vase was then cut in two, one half dark and the other light.
For each vase I added a left and right hand background panel using the opposite colour to the vases. Rather than just have rectangular panels, I made the top and bottom different angles which avoided a chess board effect.
A surprising effect was that the rows of vases appear to slide left or right. Although interesting, the optical effect of movement would be too much en-masse.